Monday, June 27, 2011

Meaning Behind Her Name . . . .



this is a picture of my great aunt Betty

It is quite overwhelming to pick a name for your child, this is the name they are gonna be stuck with forever! Which is probably why Aaron and I did not agree on a lot of names; for example, I love the name Lola and Aaron hates it. After throwing around countless names, we finally agreed on Hannah. We both love it.

When it came to her middle name, I already knew what I wanted it to be. A few years ago I became interested in family history. I looked at pictures that my Mum had and listened to the stories my Mum remembers. I became very interested in my great Aunt Betty, I truly feel a real bond with her. She is my Grandad's little sister and she past away when she was only nineteen years old. As I read her death certificate, sadness came over me as I read the word spinster. She had no husband or children to pass down her legacy. I don't want her to ever be forgotten, so I want to give my daughter her name. I was very happy when Aaron liked it too. Now she can't be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment