Monday, June 27, 2011

We're expecting : )


In February, Aaron and I found out we are expecting. We are so excited!!!!

On Friday May 27th, we found out that it's A GIRL! We decided it would be fun to surprise our family with the news in person. After the appointment, we jumped in the car and traveled 7 hours to Barstow. First stop the hospital where Aaron's mum works. We found her in one of the emergency rooms and stood there with our it's a girl sign until she finally turned around and saw us. She was super surprised and very excited. Next stop was the church where Ed was conducting a baptism. We thought the baptism would be over by the time we got there; however it wasn't but that didn't stop us hehe. In the parking lot of the church, Aaron's sister and brother in law were attending a bbq or something so we marched out there with our sign, they were so excited to see us that his sister didn't even read the sign and asked us if we knew what we were having yet. The final surprise that night was for Aaron's niece and we got her good. She was very happy.
The next morning I woke Aaron up around 6am because I was so ready to surprise my parents. We arrived at my parents house and walked up the driveway with our sign in the air. My Mum, bless her, thought I had totally lost it. She knew I wanted a girl but now she thought I was acting crazy by carrying around a sign. When it finally clicked that we did know she was very happy for us. I love my Mum and in her defense I did tell her that my scan had been re-scheduled so I could surprise her with the news in person. I was most excited to tell my four year old niece Ashlyn, she has wanted my baby to be girl since she found out I was pregnant. She was super excited! She wants me to name her Rapunzel : )
It was an awesome weekend!
Now I eat like a pig, no joke, and get randomly kicked, punched, and poked by my sweet baby girl. I love it!!!
We have decided to name her Hannah Betty Craig.
Only about three and a half more months : )

No comments:

Post a Comment